YAF Grant Program
The YAF Grant Program was started in 1990 with the goal of providing money to nonprofit organizations in Lake, Cook, Carlton, Douglas and St. Louis Counties that strive to provide children with opportunities to participate in recreational and athletic activities. These funds are available to aid organizations with program development and/or to help purchase new equipment needed for the continued success and safety of their programs.
Grant Eligibility and Review Process
Grants are available for a maximum of $3,000. Applications are reviewed by the Young Athletes Foundation at their meetings in January, March, May, July, September and November. The deadline for submitting a grant application is the first Monday of each of these months.
CLICK HERE to download a grant application.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- The organization must comply with the YAF mission and goals (Click Here to View YAF Mission and Goals).
- Only organizations with a current state ID number may apply.
- The organization must have an accounting system which documents accurate financial transactions for the program.
- The organization must have a budget for the fiscal year in which the request is being made.
- The organization must have a qualified coach or supervisor.
- The organization must be located in the five-county region of St. Louis, Carlton, Lake and Cook Counties in Minnesota, and Douglas County in Wisconsin.
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- Special restrictions may apply.
For more information or questions contact Grandma's Marathon headquarters at 218-727-0947.